Friday, September 5, 2008

Edonga Grace from Uganda

Grace is a widow 45yrs old. She lives with 5 children of her own and 4 orphans that she picked up. She lives in one roomed house with all these children. Apart from making beads, she also goes around cleaning rich peoples compound where She little more extra money. She left Northern Uganda in 1999 when the war became worse and after she had lost her husband Through HIV/AIDS!

"If it wasn't for beads, I would be dead by now!" Grace exclaimed I get most of my income from making beads. I have to find food, medication, rent and other needs for the family. I have trained two of my children to make beads so we can get more money for the family. When we make more beads, we get more money. I also make bags from the straws, banana stems and palm leaves.

I am asking God to help us find market so that we can buy a machine to cut our own papers. That will be cheap for the whole group. The Salvation Army has helped us so much by sending people to train us in these skills. We can face the future now!

No comments: